Are you craving something sweet but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? Look no further than these Midweek Baked Doughnuts! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of delicious doughnuts in no time. since they are baked instead of fried, they are a bit healthier than traditional doughnuts.
MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS 🍩
It could really become a thing in my house. Baked donuts require a frying pan or donut maker. I have both, the donut baking tray is bigger than the donut maker but the donut maker makes the donuts faster. The formula works for both. Here are the instructions for Cinnamon-Sugar.
- 200g Cake Flour
- 125g White Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Milk
- 50g Melted Butter
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the donut mold by spraying non-stick spray on it. Donut maker:
Preheat the donut maker for 5 minutes before cooking the donuts.
- Add the cake batter, white sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Add milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and eggs to dry ingredients and beat until blended. The dough should be thick and smooth.
- Pour batter into a donut mold or donut maker and cook for 15 minutes in the oven or 3 minutes in a donut maker. Donuts should be golden brown.
- Allow cooling before decorating.
- For the cinnamon-sugar coating:
Mix ½ cup of white sugar with ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and place the cinnamon mixture in a bowl. In the second bowl, melt 50 g of butter. Dip donuts in butter then dip in Sugar-Cinnamon, then let dry.